For the past 35 years the Businesswomen’s Association (BWA) has proved itself as the largest and most prominent association of business and professional women in South Africa.
With over 11 branches countrywide, the BWA is the voice of women and lobby’s issues affecting them and forming alliances with other organisations to further the aims of women in business.
BWA, East London has been able to host many successful and informative business related events with top business leaders with the aim to uplift and develop. our local business community.
We also host regular networking and development workshops and offer the opportunity to participate in our social responsibility programmes which include the Sanitary Sista’s, Stationery Start Up and Corporate Clothing projects.
We have a growing membership of women who have found benefit in the services and development workshops that the East London branch offers. We encourage our members to support each other’s businesses, please view our online directory to see which BWA member is able to deliver on your needs.
The BWA is a non-profit, voluntary organisation committed to offering real value as the platform for the inspiration and empowerment of women.
- Mentor and be mentored,
- Networking opportunities,
- Advice from leading Industry experts,
- Bursary Programme (Post-graduate)
- Exposure to a new clientele,
- Personal growth and development,
- Discounts on all workshops,
- An environment in which to market and grow your business,
- Build relationships, with the most influential women in East London,
- The opportunity for you to be recognised and your achievements showcased in our annual Regional Business Achiever Awards.
This is what one of our long standing members had to say: “The BWA embraces the greatness in every woman and strives to ensure a woman’s journey in the SA business sector is fulfilling. We celebrate in the knowledge that we have no boundaries but only endless horizons to conquer. This is made possible through the support of a special sisterhood of wise, energetic and fearless women!!!”
Social Responsibility Projects
Please support one of our social responsibility projects, contact us for more information on the initiatives: